Eyelid Surgery Santa Monica
LASER EYE-BAGS REMOVAL
REMOVAL OF BAGS
UNDER THE EYES
LASER EYELID SURGERY
What are bags under the eyes?
- Bags are due to an accumulation of fat deposits under the eyes, over time
- They can affect both men and women
- Unrelated to diet or weight gain
- Familial predisposition
- Give a “tired, old, upset” look as well as dark circles under the eyes
How are they removed?
- Bags can be removed surgically
- Dr. Massey & Dr. Rahimi use the laser
- The fat is removed without a skin incision, through a slit created behind the lids
Why use the laser?
- The laser is an instrument of great precision
- Very convenient to access small and delicate areas
- The laser can cut and cauterize at the same time, reducing the chance of bleeding
How safe is the procedure?
- Dr. Massey & Dr. Rahimi have over 25 years of experience performing laser eye bags removal
- He was among the first doctors to adopt and publish this out-patient procedure
- His track record is impeccable with no complications reported. An occasional bruising subsiding in few days should be expected
- As for any surgical procedure, it is important to choose a qualified and experienced surgeon
How much time off is required?
- Only a weekend for a simple eye bag removal
- A week for an upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty
- Recovery is usually uneventful and painless
Is laser eye bag removal indicated for all ethnic groups?
- African Americans, prone to keloids, can enjoy a procedure with no skin incision and therefore, no risk of keloid
- For Asian, a minimally invasive procedure is more likely to preserve the natural shape of the eyes
- Any ethnic group can benefit from laser eye bags removal.
What about excess skin under the eyes?
- Excess or loose skin is removed via a small tuck under the lashes.
- Laser resurfacing may also help to tighten the skin and reduce wrinkle lines
What about upper eyelids?
- Upper eyelids can also be addressed by laser surgery
- When the hooding is significant, it may impair vision and is best treated with an upper lid laser blepharoplasty
Want to know more?
Please call us now at 800-366-3211 to schedule a consultation!